Level 1 Wisdom of the Earth Certification Seminar in Medicinal Aromatherapy
Learn the ancient art of Plant & Tree Medicine…the Original Medicine of the Planet!
I am presently offering the Wisdom of the Earth (WOTE) Level 1 Certification seminar in two formats: A private class at the request of an individual, held during the week, with others invited to register, with the agreement of the person initiating the private class. Some who go the private class route want the personal one-to-one experience, others welcome the possible inclusion of others. The second format is via the internet, using Skype or Zoom. This type of class is individual in nature, and occurs during a period of 3-6 months, depending upon my schedule, and the schedule of the student.
You do not need any experience or prior training in Medicinal Aromatherapy to take this class and benefit greatly from it. I take a heart-centered approach to our work with the Plant Kingdom…learning to listen to and follow their wisdom, and honoring the ancient healing relationship between their species and our own. Some participants have been drawn to essential oils for healing, but were disappointed in the results they obtained, or they took an introductory class and became fearful that they might use the oils inappropriately. They are committed to trying another approach to aromatherapy to see if it can be all that they hoped it could be.
Other participants have been using essential oils for relaxation or scent, but want to “step up” their use to maintaining and advancing their health and/or treating or preventing illness. Still others have been working informally with a number of essences and want to broaden their knowledge via formal training. In some cases, they would like to extend their use beyond their personal interest and integrate their education into their work…doctors, acupuncturists, chiropractors, yoga instructors, hypnotherapists, personal trainers, to name a few.
Whether you fit into one of these “categories”, or are in a category of your own, no worries! I am able to structure the class to meet the needs and expectations of each person or group so that no one feels “left behind”, or conversely, that the information covered is too basic for them. It is our intention that you will leave this class with the knowledge to use the essences for a wide variety of purposes, and will respect, not fear, their healing power. And, please know that, once you are certified via my Level 1 Class options, you can always contact me if you have a question about a particular essence or situation.
While I am flexible and inclusive in my approach to teaching the Level 1 class, there is a lot of information covered, and many experiences that you will process long after the class is over. So, please trust that this information is something that we all know in our hearts, and that I am helping you to connect more deeply with your birthright, your journey on this beautiful planet…vibrant health, a profound sense and love of self, an intimate relationship with the natural world, and clarity regarding your purpose on the planet at this time.
- This foundational intensive is designed to ground the participant in a basic but deep understanding of the ancient relationship between humans and the Plant Kingdom. While allopathic medicine is barely 150 years old, plant and tree medicines are thousands of years old, and medicinal aromatherapy is steeped in this ancient tradition. Our approach is honoring and sharing the ancient art of aromatherapy.
- We cover approximately 35 essential oils or essence “families” (e.g., the Spruces) in depth, exploring the physical, emotional and spiritual issues they address. Those taking the class via the internet will be required to purchase three Level 1 AromaKits, which will ensure that you can participate fully in the education and exploration of the oils, just as though you were in my studio in NM.
- A wide range of application methods, from the auricular method to the “cold-hot-cold” layering technique, are demonstrated and discussed.
- We cover essence production processes and issues, including adulteration and factors affecting quality and price
- Several meditations are included (some quite short, one relatively long) to reinforce the connection with the unseen world and the wisdom and peace it imparts. Have a journal with you, as there will be time after each to record your impressions and experiences.
- A “hands-on” practicum concludes the seminar, where students are paired up and have the opportunity to work with the essences and with each other. My internet students may include this practicum in their experience, if they can arrange for a friend or family member to participate in that concluding segment of the class.
Seminar Fees and Locations
Two books (the WOTE Reference Guide and Voices of Love, Voices of Light, by Cynthia Olivera, Barry Kapp and me) are included with the course material. Once you are certified by Wisdom of the Earth, you may audit the Level 1 class for free, space permitting (see below, under Certification Fees & Benefits). If you have already purchased one or both of these texts, please let me know at the time of registration, and the cost will be deducted from your tuition.
We have teachers throughout the US and Japan, and the WisdomoftheEarth.com website lists upcoming Level 1 Seminars and provides a brief bio of all of our Teachers and Master Distributors. Once you are certified, you may contact the appropriate teacher if you are interested in auditing an English language Level 1 Seminar. Details of that role are outlined below.
Certification Requirements in Addition to Seminar Attendance
Certification Paper: You will have three months after the end of the Level 1 class to write a paper on an essence of your choosing…one that you connect deeply with, or are deeply curious about, and are called to know better. Your paper should include information about where the essence is produced, something about the plant or tree from which it comes, any historical information about the essence and its use (spiritual, emotional and/or physical) that is noteworthy, and, most important, your experience with it. How have you used it…have you shared it with friends or family?? What did they experience?? Many students share photographs, artwork or poetry that they have been inspired to produce as a result of their experience with the essential oil. All of these are acceptable and welcomed!! This is about YOUR journey with this essence…how you came to know her and select her, and what you have learned ABOUT her and FROM her.
Certification Fee & Benefits
There is a $50 administrative fee, which covers having your paper read by me and the Education Director of Wisdom of the Earth (Cynthia Olivera) and for the issuance of a Wisdom of the Earth Certificate, acknowledging your completion of the class and your certification paper. Once your administrative fee and paper have been received and accepted by your teacher (in this case, me), you do not need to wait for your formal certificate, and are considered a Wisdom of the Earth Wholesale Distributor (WD). In that role, you are entitled to the following:
- Wholesale Distributor Pricing, which is 22% less than the Practitioner (Retail) price, on all of the essential oils and hydrolats. There are also discounts on other products, like AromaKits and WOTE books.
- Auditing privileges at our Level 1 classes (mentioned earlier)…you may audit the Level 1 class as many times as you wish, without cost, space permitting. Auditors are asked to bring some type of healthy refreshment/snack for the class (cookies, tea, soup or something of that nature) and help during the class by pulling essences from the tester display or returning them to their place, as requested.
- Auditors may also help to set up and clean up, and pull orders at the end of the class. We also welcome and encourage their participation in discussions, meditations and practical application exercises, as we believe their contributions add value to the class. The amount of participation will depend upon the number of auditors and the size of the class. Just follow the lead of the instructor in terms of the amount and type of participation most appropriate for that particular class.